Maja Blanca (Coconut Milk Pudding) with Roasted chopped Hazelnuts (vegan)
1 cup Cornstarch
1 Can Coconut Milk
400 ml of water
3/4cup Roasted chopped hazel nuts / peanuts (alternatively you can also use corn kernels)
3/4 cup Sugar
1 cup Water
1/2 cup roasted chopped hazelnuts
Or toasted desiccated coconut
If you want to be include some summer fruits this might work too (pineapple or berries)
1. In a bowl, add in the cornstarch. Then pour in 1 cup of water. Whisk until properly mixed. Set it aside.
2. In a pot, add in the coconut milk, 400 ml of and the sugar. Whisk until sugar is dissolved. Set fire to medium to low.
3. Pour in the cornstarch and water mixture. Do constant mixing until the mixture starts to thicken.
4. Pour in the toasted hazelnuts. Mix and cook for another 5 minutes still constantly mixing.
5. Pour in maja blanca mixture in a container. Use a spatula to make it smooth. Sprinkle more hazelnuts on top.
6. Let it cool or put it inside the fridge for about 30 minutes to an hour before serving.